What Is a Smurf Account?
A smurf is a highly skilled player who is using an account that is ranked lower than their main account. A smurf account is a secondary account that the smurf uses.
Why Do People Smurf?
There are a lot of different reasons that high ranked players choose to smurf.
· They want to play under a different name. Perhaps they don’t like their current Summoner name and want to try out a new one. Owning a smurf account affords them that luxury.
· They’re struggling at their main rank. At the higher end of play, every match is a grueling and mentally exhausting battle. Having an account that you play on to unwind helps players manage their stress and avoid tilting.
· People want to play with their friends who are new to the game. In most competitive games, including League of Legends, you cannot play ranked with someone who is a far lower rank than you. This prevents seasoned veterans from helping introduce their friends to the game. A smurf account is a workaround for this issue.
· Players can use smurf accounts to practice new builds and champions. Rather than jumping straight into a high-level game, skilled players take the time to test their new ideas. A smurf account allows you to do this.
· So they can play in different regions. Changing regions in League of Legends costs money every time you want to switch. It is more affordable to have an individual account on different regions (NA, EU, etc.) than pay to switch every time on the same account.
· Climbing the ladder again present good players with a new challenge. If you’ve already got max rank with your main account, why not do it again?
· It’s fun. Being able to relax and face-roll some noob players is a joy. Sure it’s not so much fun for the people you’re stomping, but you’ll be having a blast.
Where Does Smurfing Come From?
Smurfing has a pretty fantastical origin story. It starts way back, during the days of Warcraft Two. There was a legendary player, renowned and feared all over for his prowess on the battlefield. He was so skillful, so lethal, that the mere sight of his name would cause his opponents to decline and quit their matches. His name was Shlonglor.
Shlonglor eventually became fed up with people refusing his invitations. He was getting no practice, and his skill began to decline. So, he, along with his fellow player Warp, came up with a solution. They made new accounts for Warcraft Two with the intent of hiding their true identities.
They named these accounts “Papa Smurf” and “Smurfette” respectively, and so began the bloodshed of noob players. On that day the legend of the smurf was born. Since then other skilled players have adopted the name and idea. Smurfing officially became the title assigned to the practice by competitive gamers the world over.
Hopefully, this has shed a little light on the phenomenon known as smurfing and opened your eyes to the possibility of owning a smurf account yourself.
Check out our LoL Smurf Account services now